Today I'm spilling the beans on the actual products I packed for our Summer holiday. This is not the time to introduce anything new, no matter how cute that mini moisturiser is. I learnt this the hard way and now stick to products that I know my skin can tolerate (holiday breakouts suck). I bought travel bottles in Boots and Muji to dispense my regulars, but didn't need them in the end.
I actually thought I'd traveled quite light until I lined everything up for these pics. Oops.
As there are so many products (and it's one minute to midnight), I'm going to do a quick run through of what was inside. Please just ask if you'd like further info on any of them.
I *sort of* grouped them into categories in the above pic, so will use this one as a guide, starting top left.
- Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel (mine was travel size) - I've done multiple posts on this already; it's pretty much cleansing perfection in my eyes and great for holiday as the formula is effective yet light and rinses off easily.
- Clinique Take the Day Off cleansing towelettes (just out of shot) - I was on holiday and the odd night we had more than one glass of French wine. It's allowed. Full review here.
- Pixi Glowtion Daydew - moisturiser with built in glow in a lightweight tube with a pump. Travel perfection. I use this at home mixed with my regular moisturiser, but it was perfect teamed with SPF.
- Vichy Aqualia Thermal Awakening Eye Balm - beautifully hydrating eye serum with hyaluronic acid, absolutely love this Summer staple.
- Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover - full disclosure, I filled this empty bottle with Vichy bi-phase eye makeup remover. Both work well on waterproof mascara; Clinique has the edge but Vichy is a bit cheaper.
- Balance Me Congested Skin Serum - I found this alternative very soothing in the evenings on a face that doesn't tend to like holidaying.
- Jo Malone London Nashi Blossom Cologne is now officially my scent of Biarritz... beautifully crisp and fresh on hot skin (full review). The slim 30ml bottles are perfect for travel. I can't find this recent limited edition online, so keep an eye out in store.
- Nails Inc Gel Effect polish in Charlotte Villas has been on my toes all Summer, a gorgeous vibrant rich orange. It replaced another fave, Barry M Molten Metal in Copper Mine which moved up to my finger nails. I didn't actually get a chance to paint my nails until we arrived (I know, who am I?!), so also packed Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover for Hands & Feet.
- Dentalux toothpaste is one of Lidl's new collection of well priced travel minis (is it just me that thinks most regular brands hike the prices of these?). Next to it are two little sachets of Vita Coco Coconut Oil, which doubles for a hair and skin quencher and ear plugs in case the hotel neighbours get rowdy (they didn't).
- Fake Bake Flawless Coconut Tanning Serum - yep I bring self tan on holiday as I wear a high SPF and don't like to sunbathe for too long (my days of sunrise to sunset baking are long gone and yep, the damage does appear when you get older). This one gives the most deliciously natural deep golden tan.
- Sure compact deodorant 'cos of the handy size really.
- Soap & Glory Clean On Me body wash and Righteous Body Butter miniatures as they're my favourites from the line and smell SO good.
- Weleda Wild Rose Shower Gel in case I ran out (!!) - smells gorgeous - worth checking out the minis that Weleda release regularly. Love 'em all, great for sensitive skin too.
- Clarins Radiance Plus Body Golden Glow Booster - I meant to lift the one for face and actually packed this by mistake, but used it on my face anyway! Mix with moisturiser or serum for a subtle golden glow in the morning - I need at least 6 drops to see a very natural looking difference at this time of year.
- Toni & Guy Shampoo and Conditioner from a travel set (which I can't find online, sorry)
- Philip Kingsley Smooth Cream - a styling cream with sunscreen that smells great, adds shine and helps fight frizz.
- Kerastase Elixir Ultime - not photographed as I had a mini tub which I used up and absolutely loved, one of the richest hair masks I've tried, great for sun parched hair. Will treat myself to the full size one day (eep, just spied it on offer here).
Well done if you're still with me - that was a whopper!