Better late than never, eh? I'd been thinking a lot about whether to blog about my 2015 favourites until a few of you requested it, so here we are. What to include was a bigger decision - oh the pressure! These are my from the heart, most adored and used products of the past year. The ones I'd recommend in a heartbeat (and regularly do), that make my heart flutter a little, every single time - they're just SO good.
I've a lot to get through as you can see, so will try to restrict this to a product link, brief explanation of my appreciation and a link to any previous reviews. The numbers are just for reference; these aren't listed in any particular order.
SKINCARE & HAIR
2. Yonka Vital Defense - I really haven't shouted about this enough and it's GORGEOUS. I've saved about a teaspoonful in the tube until I get around to repurchasing. Intensely hydrating and radiance-giving, this feels incredible on my skin. Looks like the packaging has had a pretty update too.
3. Pestle & Mortar Pure Hyaluronic Serum - applied under moisturiser this gives instant, deep hydration - pumped full of hyaluronic acid, it's my skin's favourite drink. This is the best serum I've tried for dehydrated skin, leaving it plump and glowy. It's regularly out of stock, but you can pre-order on the above link. Currently enjoying the new Hydrate moisturiser which I'll review soon.
4. Bumble & Bumble Surf Infusion - not to be confused with the original Surf Spray, this one is designed for dry, coarse hair and leaves me with super soft waves that aren't crunchy or weighed down. Best for longer, thicker hair types and smells like Summer! Full review
17. Alpha-H Liquid Laser Super Anti-Aging Balm - The one that almost got away, this rascal rolled off when I was photographing the rest but was too good to exclude. If your skin is getting on a bit, feeling parched and looking dull, you need this. A solid balm that melts into the skin and produces instant bliss, not even exaggerating. One of those never want to be without products that I use most nights. Full review
MAKEUP & PERFUME
5. Pixi Illuminating Tint & Conceal (in Light Glow) - This little beauty gives my skin life. Think a glowy primer and tinted moisturiser hybrid, with a built in concealer in the lid for extra coverage. Great worn alone in Summer, I often wear this under foundation when my face needs an extra leg up. It's swoony. Previous review
6. Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Corrector and Concealer - this duo cancels out darkness and adds light under the eyes. No drying, caking or creasing into lines, this is like switching on a light bulb in my eye sockets, with less effort. While I like both a lot, the Corrector is the one with the most magic powers; I imagine you could create a similar effect by using it under your existing concealer. I know a few of you have been using both and appreciating the results as much as I have. A game changer for dark shadows, especially if you're prone to dryness. Full review
I have a serious soft spot for lipsticks - and out of everything - selecting these was the trickiest. I'm never without at least one of these within reach and have used all three at least once a week (if not daily) for months on end.
7. Clinique Pop Lip in Plum Pop - a soft, creamy, wearable dark mauve/ soft plum that's perfect for every day. I'm a fan of many shades in this line (eg Poppy Pop and Bare Pop) as the formula is superb, but Plum Pop has been my most used.
8. KIKO Intensely Lavish Lipstick in Mild Sangria - a gorgeous berry red that works really well on my pale skin. I've worn both this and Lusty Peony 01 from KIKO's Rebel Romantic Collection a lot in recent months. See swatches and pics of me wearing both here.
9. Tarte Coconut Oil Lipstick in Primrose - this deep berry wine lipstick is infused with coconut oil for the most delicious creamy texture with full-on pigment. Great for both day and evening, this is my go-to when I need to bring my face to life. Stunning shade and formula - please bring more of these to the UK please QVC!
10. Smashbox Double Exposure Palette - the colours and textures in this palette continually pull me away from more neutral options. Well pigmented and buttery soft, they're some of the best formulas I've tried. As you can see, I lean towards the right hand side of this palette, though do dip into the beautiful metallic navy (bottom left) for nights out. Intensified with a spriz of water, the deeper shades make great liner colours too and are so pigmented I only need a little, as you can see, despite regular use.
11. Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face and Touch Up Brush - dreamily soft, this is the perfect shape and density for seamless application of liquid foundation, while the smaller end pats and blends in concealer as gently as a little finger.
12. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara - worth the hype, this delivers big lashes with very little effort. Not one to choose if you prefer the natural look, but if like me you can't be bothered faffing with a million layers and want instant drama now, this is awesome.
13. By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon - I reach for this regularly as it's the perfect sweep of metallic bronze eyeshadow in crayon formula. Great with a smudge of Brown Perfection along the lash line. There are cheaper dupes out there, such as KIKO Long lasting Stick Eyeshadow (just ordered a few at half price!), or Topshop Smoke Stick in Fools Gold. Original review.
14. Bare Minerals Frame & Define Brow Styler - If the only thing that bugged you about Anastasia Brow Wiz was continually breaking the nib when you put the lid on, then try this. The formula is very similar except this one has no lid on the end with a twist-up nib. Kudos Bare Minerals - it really is the little things! The super skinny nib creates natural looking hair-like strokes and Universal Light is the perfect ashy shade for me.
15. Tom Ford Frantic Pink blusher - the ultimate coral pink blush with a radiant finish, I appreciate this most on days when no amount of makeup seems to make me look better. This gives my cheeks (and whole face) instant life, for which I'm eternally grateful. A little goes a long way, blends beautifully and it lasts all day.
16. Viktor & Rolf Flower Bomb - I have a serious weakness for perfume and switch them up regularly, but this velvety, musky floral has hit me the hardest this year. If, like me, you assumed this would be overpowering, try a spritz on your wrist and see how it softens... I can't get enough of it.
That's all folks! Spot any of your favourites here - or have any recs of your own for me to try?