I’ve always slightly begrudged not owning days of the week pants as a child. Mum clearly thought I had my Monday to Sunday down, but that’s not really the point when you’re 8, is it? I can finally lay this woe to rest, thanks to Clinique’s Days of the Week Lipstick set - waayyy more exciting than pants.
The seven cutely-named miniatures come housed in a colourful hot pink and purple glossy box. Fully extended, each lipstick bullet is around 1 inch long, with 2.4g of product, more than half the 4g full size. I love that the silver packaging is of equal quality to its bigger sister and the size is perfect for a clutch or pocket.
The colours themselves are on the whole, very wearable and I’d personally wear all except one (second left). Far left and far right are my faves. I can’t stop staring at them. What is about miniature makeup that makes it so much more desirable?
The Soft Shine formula feels lightweight and moisturising on the lips, with a slight sheen. Not quite as full on or long lasting as Pop Lips, these seem to mesh into the skin for a slightly more natural look. I used one swipe of colour for these swatches to give you an idea of intensity, which ranges from semi sheer to full - depending on the colour - and can of course be built up into a deeper shade.
From the bottom up:
- Sweet Sunday - beige rose nude and my personal favourite of the bunch.
- Monday Mojo - semi-sheer fuchsia with a blue toned shimmer, the only one I’m not so keen on.
- Take-on Tuesday - a warm coral, quite Autumnal
- Welcome Wednesday - a deeper browny nude, also lovely
- Throwback Thursday - semi sheer mid rose pink
- Finally Friday - well pigmented deep rose pink
- Sassy Saturday - berry toned red with a tonne of pigment, reminds me of red velvet - gorgeous!
Clinique Days of the Week would make a gorgeous gift for one person (yep, that includes you) or divided up into stocking fillers. Brilliant value at £35 - that’s £5 per lipstick (worth £79). It’s sold out in some places already, but still available at clinique.co.uk, lookfantastic.com, harrods.com and harveynichols.com.