Who says pastel brights are only for Spring and Summer? Bobbi Brown has embraced the colourful AW catwalk trends with a September collection of Sheer Brights Eye shadows - or ‘Bobbi Bon Bons’ as I’ve nicknamed them. To me, the obvious way to wear these is as a subtle pop of colour with a rosy cheek and glossy lip, but I also like the idea of pairing them with a bold scarlet pout, or using them as an accent colour for an alternative smokey eye. Fifteen shades are available in total with a selection of matte, metallic and shimmer formulas. The colour is sheer, but definite - and lots of the tones work beautifully together.
I’ve only used one swipe of each colour for these swatches to give you a true idea of the colour payoff and intensity. Using them over primer gives them more of a pop, but I’m quite liking the sheer wash effect. From left to right on my arm swatch we have:
- French Blue - Shimmer - a cool pastel blue
- Linen - Metallic - creamy neutral with golden champagne shimmer
- Pistachio - Matte - a true light pistachio green
- Berry Sorbet - Shimmer - cool toned pink with silver shimmer
- Cornflower - Matte - this china blue is the least pigmented of these six
- Golden Amber - Shimmer - a warm bronze, more metallic than the other shimmers I tried
My favourites are Linen for a lovely neutral base with just the right amount of sheen to add radiance, and Golden Amber for its drama and gorgeous contrast to the other shades.
The colours can be used individually or housed in a 3/4/6 pan palette, sold separately (£6). The eye shadows cost £17.50 each and will be on counters from September, though you can buy them now at Bobbi Brown with a complimentary 2 pan palette & free delivery when you buy any two powder eye shadows.