I love this ethereal image illustrating Clarins’ new AW 2012 Makeup Collection, so was super excited when the team gave me a step by step guide on how to create this look at home!
I think it’s the softness that draws me in so much… the eyes are quite made up, yet just look softly defined and pretty - my favourite kind of look - plus the colours look really wearable and I’m naturally drawn to these kind of tones.
Clarins Ombre Minerale Autumn Make-up look is all about the eyes... a natural, flawless complexion enhanced with intense, sculpted eyes and highlighted with a deep, yet natural pink lip.
Get the Look
1. Brush the limited edition Colour Accents Face and Blush Powder £30 all over the face for a healthy glow, then accentuate the cheeks by using the pink tones in the palette. I swatched this yesterday and it’s just stunning… the perfect AW version of the Bronzing Duo that I’ve been loving this Summer.
2. For the eyes, use Mineral Eye shadow in Silver Green £16 (one of 16 new shades) to create the look of deep set, defined eyes. Start by applying along the lash line and blend to the crease of the eye. I love this shade and think it would be very wearable with most eye colours… I would also add a little of the pale gold nude shadow along the lower lash line.
3. Line the eyes with the richly pigmented Clarins Kohl Eye Pencil and finish with dotting 3-Dot Liner £20 into the last line to add extra intensity to the eyes. I’m in two minds about this - can’t decide if I think it’s clever or just a gimmick. Absolutely love the kohl pencil though… it’s super soft and so elegantly shaped, like a Japanese hair stick.
4. Complete the eyes by defining lashes with Clarins Instant Definition Mascara in Intense Plum. Love this… the narrow tip allows you to reach the shortest lashes at the corner of the eyes.
5. Finally, highlight lips with Rouge Prodige Lipstick in Orchid Pink £17.50 for an intense, yet natural lip colour. I love the sound of these creamy, long lasting formulas.
All of these products are available now, so there’s nothing to stop you having a go at creating this look yourself! Have a look on the Clarins website for more details on the Autumn Winter collection. Escentual’s Clarins offer is still ongoing, making the range dangerously accessible!
Do you like this look? Is anyone else getting excited about AW clothes & makeup already?!