I had a two hour slot to do 90% of my Christmas shopping today. For anyone else still running around like a loon (actually a week before Christmas is record early for me), here are 5 smellies she’ll thank you for…
1. Le Couvent des Minimes is L’Occitane’s more affordable new little sister and I’m really impressed by its range. Soothing Body Milk is beautifully packaged, not a million miles from the family style and both feels and smells delicious on the skin. It contains lavender, acacia, shea butter and grapeseed oil, so no compromise on ingredients here.
2. Gingembre is one of my favourite Roger et Gallet scents and these new body sorbets made with 95% natural ingredients are just gorgeous. Pump bottle, pretty packaging, warm winter fragrance and great texture… what’s not to love?
3. It will come as no surprise that my No.3 is actually my No.1 - L’Occitane Almond Shower Oil is all kinds of divine and the most luxurious shower product I’m ever likely to own. A little really does go a long way and mornings are better with this in it.
4. Fans of warm spicy smells will love Rituals Touch of Light body cream with Patchouli & Cardamom. There’s nothing light about the texture of this - it’s rich and creamy with the kind of satisfying aroma that lingers on your pyjamas.
5. Caudalie Divine Oil is a longterm favourite which I try to ration for special occasions as it leaves a beautiful, non-sticky sheen on the skin and has the most sensual musky scent. Also available as a perfume if you’re feeling extra generous, see my review here.
The last date to guarantee pre-Christmas delivery from most retailers is Friday 19 December, so if you fancy avoiding the crowds…