If you fancy experimenting with nail colours, toes are your playground. Maybe it’s the fact that they’re at a distance and not waving around your face (unless you’re a yoga whizz) but pedi colours are a great way to experiment with bold shades you might not normally go for. In Summer I like to go bright and these are my Top Five pedi picks that work best paired with sunshine, golden sands and a cute bikini. And no I’m not modelling them on my toes cos some people are squeamish about that kind of thing…
1. Models Own Bikini £5 - a bit of a wildcard, this won’t be for everyone - a bold shade that’s part of Models Own Polish for Tans collection, which somehow magically warms up your skintone a few notches!
3. Orly Color Blast Fruity Pink Neon £9 - a highly pigmented crisp, grown-up neon pink that’s much more wearable on the nail than it appears in the bottle. The slim rubberised lid gives good grip, helping with accurate application.
4. Models Own Shades £5 - a softer, coral toned neon pink that will suit most skin tones. Probably the girliest polish I own.
5. Barry M Gelly Damson £3.99 - my pick of the bunch and the one I’m wearing on my toes. I can’t get enough of this gorgeous cobalt shade and conveniently it’s the cheapest option too!
If I’m not wearing brights, I’ll opt for an easy-on-the-eye pastel, so I’ve included suggestions for those who prefer something a little more subtle…
1. Liz Earle Moonlight £7.50 - this soft greeny-grey-blue (helpful description by moi) is part of the Liz Earle’s new Summer range and a classy take on the usual sugary pastels.
2. Barry M Gelly Coconut £3.99 - I’ve raved about this shade on here before (swatches here) and lots of you loved it too. A cool off-white cream that’s much more wearable than stark white, but equally stylish. The great thing about wearing a colour like this on your toes is that it goes with everything!
3. Bourjois So Laque Peace & Mauve £5.99 - one of the prettiest lilacs I’ve tried, I love the cool tone of this lilac - there’s nothing sugary sweet about it, just a really pretty, wearable shade.
4. NYC Peach Popsicles £1.79 - I’m a big fan of NYC nail polish as they offer great quality that far exceeds their budget price. This is a suit-everyone almost pastel; deeper than peach and softer than orange.
5. Models Own HyperGel top coat £8 - gives a gorgeously glossy finish that’s really long lasting - and if you’re anything like me, you don’t want to paint your toenails more often than you need to. It is quite thick in formula, so take your time and don’t overload the brush.
What colours do you like to wear on your toes?