MAC has a whole lotta gorgeousness lined up for Autumn… I’ve been having a play with a few bits and pieces, which I planned to include in one post, but got involved in pic overload, so I’ll start with the star of the show: Antonio Lopez eye shadow palette in Violet. I’m a little shy to admit that this is my first ever MAC eye shadow… call myself a beauty blogger - I realise I’m probably alone in my plight!
This was attempt numero crazy to capture the true tones on camera as the sun kept washing out that gorgeous pink.
The colours from top left:
- Lithe Spirit - cool cream (satin), so much more flattering than white and I actually love this as a stand alone eye brightener
- Envisioning Pink - cool blue-toned pink (satin)
- Violet Impact - vibrant purple (veluxe pearl)
- Showgirl - blue-toned grey (veluxe pearl)
- Graphic Style - my favourite of the bunch… looks like steel in the pan but applies more like grey-toned taupe (veluxe pearl)
- Carbon - matt black
See, not so daunting as they look in the palette?! This may bother fans of full-on highly pigment colour, but I was happy to discover that I could actually work these into very wearable looks. All of the colours pair up well together and my most worn combo is Violet Impact, Graphic Style and Lithe Spirit.
This is the colours blended out to illustrate just how soft they can look…. pretty, no?
MAC Antonio Lopez* palettes retail at £35 and are online now. Also available in Copper (divine, sold out already online) and Teal.
Do you ever wear pink or purple on your eyes?