One of my favourite redheads and make-up artist to the stars, Charlotte Tilbury has launched her own make-up collection: Charlotte Tilbury Beauty. This excites me not only because the collection exudes old school glamour, but that Charlotte’s overriding aim is to make her ‘failsafe’ products accessible to every woman and encourage non make-up wearers to get stuck in and have a play!
“My aim was to create a make-up range for everyone: the make-up junkies (that’s me), the time-poor working women (me also!), the cynical and the down-right terrified of colour, and share with every woman how, with the right make-up it can transform your life!”
The products are curated into 10 looks, each representing a different woman and her lifestyle, for which Charlotte has created tutorials on her blog, including day to evening options.
My personal favourites are Ingénue, for daytime and Dolce Vita for evening.
For me, the must-have is the Feline Flick Liquid Liner, the perfect tool to create Charlotte’s signature look. She’s even provided guidelines on how to use it for an instant eye lift…
- Starting from the inner corner of the eye, draw a very fine line as close as possible to the lash line. There mustn’t be a visible gap between the lashes and your eye liner
- Keep drawing a thin line until two thirds of the way across. From this point start to thicken the line, sweeping the pen slightly up and out.
- Instead of following the curve of the eye downwards, keep drawing the line diagonally upwards. Once you get level with the end of the eye, keep sweeping the line out and up. Your flick should end 2mm from the end of your eye.
- Always look straight into the mirror. If you look down then you will naturally pull the line downwards.
- To intensify, add a fine line of eyeliner underneath the bottom lashes at the outer corner as close to the lashes as possible. This should join your top eyeliner at the outer corner for a completed, lifted effect
- For a true feline finish, curl your lashes and then apply Full Fat Lashes mascara adding extra volume to the outer corner lashes, elongating the eye.
A selection of Charlotte Tilbury Beauty products can be purchased from today, in advance of Monday’s official launch. The range is available exclusively at Selfridges.