I love it when I discover a genius little beauty tool that’s simple to use, doesn’t cost much to buy and saves me a few quid in the long run. You know that in between stage between brow appointments when your brow bone is a bit fluffy with new hairs, but not enough to justify forking out for a full treatment just yet? And your eye shadow/ brow highlight won’t apply smoothly. You’re probably the only one that notices, but it bugs you! Meet Nads (I know I know) Facial Wand Eyebrow Shaper - for 5 minute results that save me several weeks between appointments.
Sound a bit icky? It’s really not - and couldn’t be easier to use. Here’s how… (start by grabbing a magnifying mirror and a chair in a well lit corner!)
Each step relates to the pics above…
1. What you get in the kit: cleansing wipes to remove make-up and any oily residue from the skin, mini (washable/reusable) cotton removal strips, a gel wand and simple instructions. So step 1 is cleansing the area - this is important as it ensures that the gel adheres well to clean skin.
2. Slowly twist up base of wand to release a tiny blob of gel.
3. This is the amount I used for one brow. Less is more - a thin layer of gel works best and you can always add more if needed.
4. Carefully smear the gel over the area of unwanted hair, in direction of hair growth. If you think you’ve added too much, remove with warm water and start again - much quicker and easier than growing back an over scalped bald patch! NB the gel does not require heating before use. I have read some reviews where people have heated it slightly in a cup of hot water for better results, but I don’t recommend this for safety reasons, nor did I find it necessary. You can roll it between your palms if it’s particularly chilly!
5. Smooth the strip over the gel in direction of hair growth, pressing along it with your finger (this slightly warms the gel, enough for it to be effective)
6. Pull the strip back against the direction of hair growth, keeping it close to your skin. Repeat as necessary - you might miss a few hairs first time. Et Voila… smooth skin!
7. Strip after use. I demonstrated this on my inner arm for photo purposes so there is no visible hair.
There is a video tutorial on the Nads website for extra tips!
Personally I wouldn’t use these to shape my brows from scratch - as a fabulous beautician has been showing them lots of HD Brow tlc lately (post on that coming soon!) - though plenty of people do. For me, these are a godsend between professional treatments and I couldn’t be happier with the results!
Nads Facial Wand Eyebrow Shaper; £8.88 here