When it comes to beauty products, my two great loves are luxury & natural. Bodhi Botanical Therapies is one of the few brands I’ve discovered which manages to combine both beautifully. This range of bath, shower and body treatments - inspired by different global cultures - combines natural ingredients with advanced cosmetic science.
I love the packaging, presentation and ethos, but this is what I love most about Bodhi…
“The eclectic range is infused with active ratios of high quality essential oils and perfumery grade absolutes to create a bath and body care range that not only cares for skin, it also enhances your mental well-being and indulges the senses.”
I’m becoming more and more drawn to products like this - that make us feel good as well as look good. Or that make us feel good as well as making our home smell good (Neom Organics I’m thinking of you). I’m sure there are others, but Neom is the main one that comes to mind.
Bodhi products are naturally free from harsh synthetics – no petrochemicals, sulphates, parabens, synthetic colours, synthetic fragrances or animal ingredients - and no animal testing.
So what do they look like? Flipping gorgeous, that’s what…
I was honoured to receive the Bath & Shower Assemblage, containing 50ml bottles of the different products. Here’s how it arrived…
A chi chocolate brown box covered with this striking sleeve - isn’t it beautiful? And inside…
A pretty, sturdy box & tissue, covering….
Seven colourful bottles of bath & shower gel. The whole presentation & packaging is just perfect - what a gorgeous gift.
A closer look at the contents…
As you can see from the fragrance descriptions, the products divide into three categories. I’ll give a brief overview of each…
- Rosemary Chi - Rosemary, Geranium, Petitgrain and Cedarwood oils boost spirits & concentration
- Mint The - Peppermint, Marjoram and Frankincense invigorate and de-stress
- Galangal Spice - uplifting Galangal, Cardamom and Kaffir Lime Leaf.
- Jasmine Falls - Jasmine Absolute, Lavender and Vetyver to de-stress & soothe
- Palmarosa Verde - balancing & refreshing with Palmarosa, Bourbon Geranium and Bulgarian Damask Rose Otto. Great for morning or evening use.
- Ylang Ylang Incense - Ylang-Ylang and Patchouli, spiked with Honeysuckle, Neroli and Pink Peppercorn are euphoric, calming and uplifting
- Pep Noir - Black Pepper, White Thyme and Bergamot - detoxing & energising (should officially be in the ‘invigorating’ category but I find the warm spicy fragrance very sensual).
How do they perform?
The consistency of these isn’t like anything I’ve used before - like a cross between an oil and a bodywash. I could say gel as they’re transparent, but they are so much more than a gel. Their fragrance is just heavenly and they feel deeply luxurious and nourishing on the skin, like a home spa treatment.
I don’t dislike any of them, though my favourites are Mint The and Pep Noir - at complete opposites of their spectrum. Mint The is like a breathe of fresh air - beautifully refreshing in the morning and really does lift my spirits. Pep Noir is warm and sexy, quite a masculine fragrance though completely unisex. It would actually be gorgeous as a perfume and is probably more of a Winter scent. Jasmine Falls is divine too - I adore jasmine and it blends beautifully with the red mandarin and vetyver.
CutECOsmetics is currently offering a free 40ml body moisturiser when you spend £20 on Bodhi. These are rich, creamy and smell slightly stronger than the body wash, leaving a gorgeous fragrance on your skin.
- The full sized Bath & Shower Therapy and Body Moisturisers come in enormous 250ml bottles at £23 each
- A set of 7x50ml bottles of Bath & Shower Assemblage, shown above is £40
- A Duet Gift Pouch with 50ml Bath & Shower Therapy and 40ml Body Moisturiser is £12
You can see the full range at CutECOsmetics